Friday, August 13, 2021

Memory Poem

 Memory Poem

Remember....

Getting so nervous waiting for the basketball game to begin.

When the game starts and your heart starts pumping even faster than it should. Watching my team getting up their hopes. Keeping my eyes on the ball travelling up and down the court. Waiting until the ball gets in the hoop.

Getting subbed onto the court, feeling sweat dripping down my body. My legs feel like jelly running up and down tripling the ball. Thinking how good a nice sip of ice cold water would feel going in my mouth. Having the thoughts of putting a freezing ice pack on my face and having an ice bath would be a dream come true.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nia

    Hope everything is going ok in your bubble? It was great to see you join in the google meet this morning. Even if we didn't quite see your face!

    This is a great poem that you have created all about getting ready to play basketball. I really enjoyed reading it. I got a real sense of how it feels before a game.

    Well done, keep up the great work. I look forward to reading some more of your work while you are learning from home.

    Until next time

    Mrs Costello :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Nia
    You have created a detailed account of how playing basketball can feel. I liked the part when you described your legs as feeling like jelly. Maybe that nervous energy helps players be really motivated to go hard on court!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.